Choosing a quality home care provider can be confusing and time consuming. Bayshore Home Health is pleased to provide a list of questions that will assist in this important decision.
- What kinds of services do you provide?
- What type of training has your staff received?
- How do you ensure the quality of your service?
- How do you evaluate your skills and abilities?
- How long have you done this sort of work?
Questions that Bayshore Home Health can answer with a 'yes'
- Do you provide a care plan personalized to my needs, highlighting the specific duties my caregiver will perform?
- Will you consult regularly with my doctor or family members regarding my care plan, if I wish?
- Will my caregiver be supervised by a nurse?
- Do you provide a complete list of the services you provide as well as their prices?
- Will you assist me in investigating funding options for my care?
- Will you help me submit my claims to my insurance company?
- Do you have a Quality Assurance method or program?
- Do you provide all financial arrangements in writing, with a copy for me?
- Do you provide services and answer calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
- Do you ensure that your caregivers are bonded, insured and professionally licensed or certified?
- Do you pay CPP, EI and workers’ compensation insurance for caregivers who come to my home?
- Will you ensure my caregiver matches my needs, and provide a replacement if they do not?
Call your local Bayshore Home Health office today for a free home care needs consultation.