Manager - Nurse - Toronto, ON
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
The Manager of Clinical Practice, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, is responsible for the delivery of care and service to clients and ensures compliance with internal and external standards of practice. She or he recruits and supervises Field employees and coordinates clinical education and in-service activities as requested. The Manager of Clinical Practice, in keeping with the organizational structure of the Branch Office, assumes overall responsibility for specific Branch Office operations in the absence of the Area Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assess or arrange for the initial and ongoing assessment of clients requiring licensed and unlicensed care and service
• Supervise and support licensed and unlicensed caregivers to ensure compliance with all federal and provincial legislated standards of practice
• Coordinate human resources with respect to recruitment, selection, orientation, training and probationary/annual performance reviews
• Participate in business development
• Promote Bayshore through participation in local healthcare or business committees and community events
• Assume responsibility for specific Branch Office operations in the absence of the Area Director
• At least five years of recent experience with progressive responsibilities as a Nursing Supervisor, preferably in a community setting; strong track record in leading the development and evaluation of training programs; demonstrated ability to handle all aspects of human resources and interpret company policies and procedures; experience in business development preferred.
• Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing, preferably with a Bachelor of Nursing degree; current registration with the provincial regulating body
• Must have valid driver's licence
• Current CPR Certification
• Competitive Salary
• Continuing education
14 month contract (Maternity Leave Coverage)
How to Apply
Bayshore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply. To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.« Go Back to Jobs