Companion - Edmonton, AB
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
The Companion, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, provides companion services to clients in keeping with the directions of the care plan and in accordance with internal and external standards of practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provides individualized companionship as directed; care must be within the scope of practice of a Companion position:
• Assists the client with activities such as reading, board games or cards, watching television, walking and other leisure activities as directed
• Observes client conditions and reports unusual events or changes in condition to the immediate
• Understands and implements infection prevention practices
• Provides objective documentation of services provided
• Maintains Confidentiality
• Understands and operates within the scope of the role in providing observational care to the patient
• Uses communication skills to interact positively with the patient and becomes an effective member of patient’s health care team
• Operates under the direct supervision of the patient’s nurse:
• Completes other tasks as requested within their scope of practice
At least one year experience in a similar position or life experience in which companionship activities were completed.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrate ability to follow written and verbal instructions as related to client care
• Able to travel locally from assignment to assignment
*Must have the ability to communicate in English, both written and verbal
*Ability to communicate in Russian or Hungarian an asset
EducationSecondary School Diploma is preferred. Requirements also include: current
CPR, Criminal Record check.
Casual leading to part- or full-time.
How to Apply
Bayshore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply. To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.« Go Back to Jobs