Nursing Supervisor - Edmonton, AB
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
The Nursing Supervisor under the direction of the Director of Clinical Management, is responsible for the delivery of care and service to clients and ensures compliance with internal and external standards of practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assess or arrange for the initial and ongoing assessment of clients requiring care.
• Develop and/or ensure that care plans are available for clients as appropriate; visit clients as required and update care plans as appropriate.
• Supervise and support unlicensed employees to ensure compliance with all federal and provincial legislated standards of practice as well as company policies and procedures.
• Assist the Client Service Coordinator in the coordination of services.
• Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
• Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
• Responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hrs of the incident.
• Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
• Completes other tasks as requested.
• At least 5 years of recent experience with progressive responsibilities, as a Nursing Supervisor, preferably in a community setting; demonstrated ability to handle all aspects of human resources and interpret company policies and procedures.
• Graduation from an accredited Licensed/Registered Practical Nursing Program; current registration with CLPNA
• Current CPR certification
Part time, possibly leading to full time.
How to Apply
Bayshore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply. To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.« Go Back to Jobs