Occupational Therapist - Niagara Falls, ON
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
The Occupational Therapist, under the direction of the Manager of Rehabilitation, is responsible for completion of professional activities that include: assessment, treatment, education, and management of clients requiring Occupational Therapy intervention, in accordance with professional standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the assessment of clients, establishment and ongoing evaluation and revision of treatment programs, including goals and discharge plans.
• Maintains current accurate clinical records according to standards set by College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
• Documents assessment results, goals, treatment, client progress and discharge plans
• Collaborates with other members of the health team as needed
• Communicated pertinent information and recommendations to clients/insurance company/lawyers/care providers and provides education regarding treatment strategies as needed
• Observes the performance of those assisting in the Occupational Therapy program and provides guidance as necessary
Preference of three years providing Occupational Therapy services. Experience with in-home assessments and treatments; knowledge of auto insurance and the legal system, particularly medical/legal report writing is an asset.
EducationMasters Degree or recognized equivalent in Occupational Therapy. Registered and in good standing with College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
Enjoy working with clients of all ages in multiple treatment environments. Strong communication (oral and written) and presentation skills. Exceptional interpersonal and decision-making skills. Ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent manner. Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with a team. Demonstrated knowledge of personal computers and proficiency with secure email. Commitment to continual learning. Valid driver's licence.
How to Apply
Bayshore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply. To apply, email us at email@example.com.« Go Back to Jobs