Did you know that every year, one in three older adults will experience a fall? And the results can be devastating, including broken hips, head injuries and even death.
Preventing falls among elderly adults
Bayshore Home Health’s Optimacura™ Fall Prevention Program is specially designed to prevent falls among elderly adults in order to ensure better health outcomes and reduce the associated care costs for Canada’s health care organizations and funders. The program was developed in collaboration with clinical experts across the country, using best practices and evidence-based decisions. It provides a standardized approach to assessment, care planning, treatment, and evaluation – resulting in superior care for patients and measurable results for funders.
Our specially-trained clinical team provides the following services:
- Assessing each patient’s risk of experiencing a fall using the Morse Falls Scale.
- Developing a customized care plan that works at dramatically reducing the risk of future falls including:
- Addressing environmental risks in the home
- Developing fall prevention strategies for patients
- Teaching patients exercises to strengthen their balance
- Working closely with the patient’s home care provider to monitor and evaluate the patient’s progress