Did you know that every year, one in three older adults will experience a fall? And the results can be devastating, including broken hips, head injuries and even death.
Preventing falls among elderly adults
A falls prevention audit from Bayshore can help you and your loved one reduce the risk of falls at home, making staying at home safer.
The fall prevention audit includes:
- An observational visit in the home to ensure any hazards are identified,
- Development of a plan for removing identified hazards,
- A medication review to ensure side-effects that can lead to dizziness, weakness or falls are managed accordingly and
- An activation program, focusing on strength training and balance enhancement.
Our specially-trained clinical team provides the following services:
- Assessing each patient’s risk of experiencing a fall using the Morse Falls Scale.
- Developing a customized care plan that works at dramatically reducing the risk of future falls including:
- Addressing environmental risks in the home
- Developing fall prevention strategies for patients
- Teaching patients exercises to strengthen their balance
- Working closely with the patient’s home care provider to monitor and evaluate the patient’s progress
Here are some helpful resources for fall prevention:
For more information ,