Bilingual Nurse Case Manager - Québec, QC
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Status: Permanent
Years of Experience: 3-5
Number of Positions: 1
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
*Travel is required on a regular basis within Quebec City and surrounding areas. The candidate should be located in Quebec City. This is a work from home position*
The Bayshore Specialty Rx Nurse Case Manager will be a single point of contact for program stakeholders; including physicians, nurses, patients and clinics. They will support patients throughout the entire patient support program, from enrollment to injection (including clinical case management services.) The Nurse Case Manager thrives in an environment that emphasizes teamwork, accountability, possesses a deep willingness to serve customers, and drives positive customer experiences in a fast‐paced work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exemplary courteous and professional service to all program stakeholders
- Proactively offer support and advocacy to patients and HCP which includes but is not limited to enrollment, facilitation of coverage renewals, and changes throughout the patient journey, as well as facilitating reimbursement support to physicians
- Review patient charts (paper and electronic based) either remotely or in office, as per HCP preference
- Gather all pertinent and appropriate information from the chart to complete the necessary forms (private and/or provincial insurance) in a concise, organized and professional manner
- Liaise and advocate with third‐party providers and provincial governments as necessary to determine coverage options
- Follow‐up/advocate until a decision is received, ideally securing coverage for the patient
- Provide ongoing support and assistance to ensure patient adherence, as dictated by the needs of the patient
- Coordinate patient injection training and as required, administer any current patients’ injection training
- Liaise with the client Business Unit (Patient Support Manager, Product/Sales Manager, Medical Manager, Territory Manager) as required in order to provide optimal service to HCPs, patients and clinics
- Attend meetings with new or existing HCPs based on program necessity
- Actively establishes and strengthens relationships with HCP within assigned region through agreed upon onsite visits
- Maintain relevant level of knowledge of GCP (Good Clinical Practice) and Health Canada GVP (Good Pharmocovigilance Practices) guidelines appropriate to their hired role which is to be provided at time of hire and annually. With this knowledge the employee will perform the work as required by their assigned function and will be provided with regular updates as required
- Must be able to identify and report AE’s to health Canada, Med Info and enter into source system and third party systems
- Report and document Adverse Events as per training on updated Pharmacovigilance requirements
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System as well as key performance indicators for the program. Participate in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses
- Reimbursement experience 3+ years
- Measureable experience with patients suffering with autoimmune and inflammatory disease.
- Familiarity with PIPEDA and how it applies in a confidential patient environment.
- Understanding of provincial and private coverage criteria and how to navigate the Canadian Drug Coverage Landscape.
- Familiarity with the Special Authorization process for both public and private insurance in assigned territory.
- Must be bilingual in English and French.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Computer and Technical skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, CRM, web‐portals/internet use
- Established internet and home phone access from home office
- Ability to travel in around Quebec City; own vehicle required
- Ability to multi‐task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Problem‐solving skills, and the ability to think under pressure
- Previous experience with customer service principles and practices
Caring for Seniors at Home
Home care is all about trust. We’ve been caring for Canadians for over 50 years.Learn More
Patient Assistance Programs
Patients needing specialty therapies benefit from extra support.Learn More
Insurer & Employer Services
Prevention strategies and disability management programs for a healthier workplaceLearn More