Bilingual Nurse Case Manager - Remote, QC
Division: Specialty Drug Care(SDC) Program
Job Type: Full Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Years of Experience: 2
Number of Positions: 1
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
The Bilingual Nurse Case Manager will play an essential role in supporting patients living with a chronic disease to improve both their health outcomes and quality of life. Utilizing health coaching strategies to encourage patients to self-manage their chronic condition, Case Managers will contact the patient at identified time intervals over a span of one year.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review patient referrals received from Manulife for the SDC program for accuracy and completeness.
- Complete Welcome Call activities with the patient according to defined scripts considering both the prescribed drug and the SDC Program the patient is assigned.
- Coordinate and gather the necessary information to ensure timely and accurate delivery of the specialty drug.
- Facilitate any required communication with physicians, Patient Assistant Programs or other health care professionals involved in the patients’ circle of care.
- Complete initial and follow up patient health and medication adherence assessments as part of the CM program services offered.
- Provide health coaching using motivational interviewing techniques to assist patients with goal setting.
- Document all patient and patient related tasks in the patient record including duration of these activities.
- Ensure patient records are maintained and data accurate to meet program reporting requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and corporate information
- Participate in Program quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives to ensure it reflects best practice and avoids role duplication with Patient Assistance Programs.
- Maintaining skills and competencies by participating in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- RN or RPN
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated clinical experience with medical patients with chronic conditions
- Knowledge of RNAO best practices guidelines for Nurses
- Bilingual (French & English) is a requirement.
- Strong Computer and Technical skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, tablets, web-portals/internet use
- Mindful of accuracy and thoroughness of data entry for reporting requirements
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that include active listening
- Motivational Interviewing skills/experience an asset
- Experience in providing nursing services related to specialty pharmaceuticals an asset
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses