Bilingual Single Point of Contact (Non-Nurse) - Montreal, QC
Division: Bayshore Specialty RX
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Status: Contract
Years of Experience: 2
Number of Positions: 1
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
To be a single point of contact (non-nurse) offering case management support services to patients. Assist the physicians and nurses with the completion of all program-specific paperwork. Act as a resource to physicians who are prescribing this medication and continuous support for patients for on-going support and lab monitoring. This position reports into the Associate Program Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure patient has been enrolled through support program
- Review patient charts (paper and electronic based); keep electronic charts
- Gather all pertinent and appropriate information from the chart to complete the necessary forms in a concise, organized and professional manner.
- Proactively offer counseling, advocacy and assistance for patients.
- Work closely with the site representatives to support specific customer needs.
- Act as a central resource liaison for program stakeholders, which include physicians, nurses, patients and clinics.
- Provide updates to stakeholders as requested.
- Must be able to identify and report AE’s to health Canada, Med Info and enter into source system and third party systems.
- Report and document Adverse Events as per Pharmacovigilance requirements.
- Potential for large amount of telephone support required along with travel.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System as well as specific performance indicators for the project
- Participate in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
- Complete other tasks as requested
- Some experience with patients suffering with Neurological disease states
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in office administration
- Strong Computer and Technical skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, tablets, web-portals/internet use
- Established internet and home phone access from home office
- Bilingual (French/English) required in this role
- Ability to travel; own vehicle required
Caring for Seniors at Home
Home care is all about trust. We’ve been caring for Canadians for over 50 years.Learn More
Patient Assistance Programs
Patients needing specialty therapies benefit from extra support.Learn More
Insurer & Employer Services
Prevention strategies and disability management programs for a healthier workplaceLearn More