Bilingual Single Point of Contact Nurse - All of Quebec, QC
Division: Specialty RX
Job Type: Full Time
Employment Status: Contract
Area: All of Quebec
City: All of Quebec
Job Category: Specialty RX
Years of Experience: 3-5
Number of Positions: 1
- Fluent English
- Fluent French
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
To be a Bilingual Single Point of Contact Nurse offering reimbursement support to physicians and medical case management services to patients. Assist the physician with the completion of all program-specific paperwork and follow-up on submissions pertaining to obtaining drug reimbursement/coverage through private and provincial drug formularies to ensure patients have access to their prescribed treatments in a timely manner. Act as a resource to physicians who are prescribing this medication and continuous support for patients for on-going telehealth, renewals, and coverage changes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure patient has been enrolled through support program
- Gather all pertinent and appropriate information from the prescribing physician to complete the necessary forms (private and/or provincial insurance) in a concise, organized and professional manner.
- Liaise and advocate with third-party providers and provincial governments as necessary to determine coverage options.
- Follow-up/advocate until a decision is received, ideally securing coverage for the patient.
- Proactively offer counseling, advocacy and assistance for patients.
- Work closely with the local sales representatives to support specific customer needs.
- Act as a central resource liaison for program stakeholders, which include physicians, nurses, patients and clinics.
- Provide updates to stakeholders as requested.
- Potential for large amount of telephone support required along with occasional travel.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures
- Report and document Adverse Events as per Pharmacovigilance Requirements;
- Provide telehealth support and telephone follow up to patients at specific intervals as set out in the program SOP or SOW
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System as well as specific performance indicators for the project
- Participate in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
- Employee will maintain relevant level of knowledge of ICH (International Conference on Harmonization), GCP (Good Clinical Practice) and Health Canada GVP (Good Pharmocovigilance Practices) guidelines appropriate to their hired role which is to be provided at time of hire and annually. With this knowledge the employee will perform the work as required by their assigned function and will be provided with regular updates as required.
- Participate in processes relating to regulatory reporting requirements
- Complete other tasks as requested
- Knowledge of Pharmocovigilance processes and Health Canada Pharmocovigilance regulations and guidelines
- Excellent written, verbal, and facilitation skills
- Excellent organizational & critical thinking skills and strong and proven attention to detail
- Ability to work with strict timelines and handle multiple priorities
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure and convey a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated initiative and accountability
- Excellent customer service skills to deal with client questions, sometimes under difficult circumstances
- Team Player with ability to function in a multi-disciplinary environment and promote collaboration
- Proficiency with standard desktop computing programs (e-mail, Microsoft Office, etc) and relational databases.
- Prior experience with Pharmacovigilance reporting software and/or safety databases applications is an asset.
- Bilingualism with French and English is a requirement in this position.
- Reimbursement experience 3+ years
- Measureable experience working in an oncology setting, acute or community care.
- Understanding of provincial and private coverage criteria and how to navigate the Canadian Drug Coverage Landscape.
- Familiarity with the Special Authorization process for both public and private insurance in assigned territory.
- Working knowledge of French language is mandatory.
- Graduate of Registered Nursing Program or Registered Practical Nursing Program holding current registration from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Up to date CPR/BLS certification
- Specific oncology education (DeSouza certification an asset)
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Critical thinking and strong clinical judgment
- Strong Computer and Technical skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, tablets, web-portals/internet use
- Excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Established internet and home phone access from home office
- Ability to travel; own vehicle required
Caring for Seniors at Home
Home care is all about trust. We’ve been caring for Canadians for over 50 years.Learn More
Patient Assistance Programs
Patients needing specialty therapies benefit from extra support.Learn More
Insurer & Employer Services
Prevention strategies and disability management programs for a healthier workplaceLearn More