FIELD NURSE CASE MANAGER - Quebec City, QC
Division: Bayshore Specialty Rx
Job Type: Full Time
Employment Status: Permanent
City: Quebec City
Years of Experience: 2
Number of Positions: 1
Contact Email: email@example.com
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Field Nurse Case Manager (FNCM) will play an essential role in supporting patients living with a respiratory disease to improve both their health outcomes and quality of life. FNCM offers enrolment and reimbursement support to physicians and medical case management services to patients. Assist the physician with the completion of all program-specific paperwork and follow-up on submissions pertaining to obtaining drug reimbursement/coverage through private and provincial drug formularies to ensure patients have access to their prescribed treatments in a timely manner. Act as a key resource to physicians who are prescribing this medication and continuous support for renewals, and coverage changes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the prescribing physician to complete patient enrolment; including on-site visits to the physician office to gather all pertinent and appropriate information to complete the necessary forms (private and/or provincial insurance) in a concise, organized and professional manner.
- Liaise and advocate with third-party providers and provincial governments as necessary to determine coverage options.
- Review patient charts in physician office (paper and electronic based); keep electronic charts
- Ensure patients are scheduled for blood work and notify physicians of expired blood work results
- Complete Welcome Call activities with the patient according to defined scripts
- Facilitate any required communication with physicians, Patient Assistant Programs or other health care professionals involved in the patients’ circle of care.
- Follow-up/advocate until a decision is received, ideally securing coverage for the patient.
- Work closely with the manufacturer local sales representatives to support specific physician’s and staff needs.
- Offer and/or provide educational training to patients and physicians on product’s administration
- Act as a central resource liaison for program stakeholders, which include physicians, nurses, patients and clinics.
- Provide updates to stakeholders based on observations in the field and physician’s
- Ensure patient records are maintained and data accurate to meet program reporting requirements.
- Must be able to identify and report AE’s to health Canada, Med Info and enter into source system and third party systems
- Report and document Adverse Events as per Pharmacovigilance requirements
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System as well as specific performance indicators for the project
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
- Requires traveling to physician’s offices on a regular basis as requested by the physician’s office
- Completes all relevant reports (time sheets, expenses, mileage, reports etc.) as per specified timelines and Bayshore’s policy
- Complete product complaint reports
- Adhere to Bayshore and manufacturer Policies and Procedures
- Complete other tasks as requested
- Preference with Candidate that have experience with the product
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Patient Support Programs
- Providing excellent customer services skills internally as well as externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills; English and Bilingual if servicing Québec
- Reimbursement experience
- Understanding of provincial and private coverage criteria and how to navigate the Canadian Drug Coverage Landscape.
- Familiarity with the Special Authorization process for both public and private insurance in assigned territory.
- Strong Computer and Technical skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, tablets, web-portals/internet use
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Making decisions using sound judgment, and meeting deadlines.
- Accurate data collection and data integrity
- Ease with working in a paperless environment.
- Ability to drive for results
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to resolve conflict in a professional matter
- Strong sense of organization and attention to detail
- Self-regulation of time management and the ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Familiarity with PIPEDA and how it applies in a confidential patient environment.
- Valid driver’s license with less than 2 infractions in the past 2 years
- Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse (RN/RPN) License
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses