Home Support Worker - Montréal and surrounding areas , QC
Division: Home Care Health
Job Type: Full-time, Part time, Casual, Shift work, Weekends
Employment Status: Contract
Area: Montréal and surrounding areas (South shore, North Shore, West Island, East End)
City: Montréal and surrounding areas
Years of Experience: 1
Number of Positions: Several
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
The Home Support Worker, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, provides home
support services to clients. S/he assists clients in keeping with the directives of the care plan and in
accordance with professional practice standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide homemaking support according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Home Support Worker.
- Complete light house cleaning, wash dishes or laundry, make beds, sweep and mop the floor, dust and vacuum, remove garbage and complete other duties as approved.
- Prepare meals as described in the care plan; shop for groceries and personal items.
- Provide childcare and pet care as described in the care plan.
- Observe client conditions and report unusual events or changes in condition.
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
- Maintain client records and documentation as required.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
At least 6 months of recent experience in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
Personal vehicle an asset.
Completion of secondary school diploma preferred and Home Support Programs as appropriate.
The Home Support Worker reports to and is supervised by a regulated Health Care provider as designated by the Area Director.
Caring for Seniors at Home
Home care is all about trust. We’ve been caring for Canadians for over 50 years.Learn More
Patient Assistance Programs
Patients needing specialty therapies benefit from extra support.Learn More
Insurer & Employer Services
Prevention strategies and disability management programs for a healthier workplaceLearn More