Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Montréal and surrounding areas , QC
Job Type: On call
Employment Status: Contract
Area: (South shore, North Shore, West Island, East End)
City: Montréal and surrounding areas
Years of Experience: 1
Number of Positions: Continuously Hiring
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
The Licensed/Registered Practical Nurse, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, establishes, monitors and delivers nursing care to clients in a home setting as per the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practice standards. As required, s/he provides support and direction to Unlicensed/Unregistered employees involved in direct client care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling and health teaching; nurse in charge in the setting and, if required, to the immediate Supervisor at the branch office.
- Provide care according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Licensed/Registered Practical Nurse.
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial licensing body.
- Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
- Observe and document client conditions and changes following proper standards and in accordance with professional and Bayshore Home Health standards.
- Understand and implement infection prevention practices.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Previous experience in the acute care sector; demonstrated clinical competencies; positive interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written; critical thinking and analytical skills; decision making skills; ability to prioritize; clinical certificates considered an asset.
At least 6 months of recent personal care experience in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
Graduation from an accredited Licensed/Registered Practical Nursing Program; current registration with the provincial licensing body.
Salary: $25.00/day. $26.00 evening and nights
Other Skills and Abilities:
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks; able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift 23 kilograms; able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting and rolling in bed; able to read and interpret technical instructions related to client care; able to visually and auditorially observe and assess clients; ability to travel; evidence of current CPR certification.
Personal vehicle an asset.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
The Licensed/Registered Practical Nurse must demonstrate ongoing competency in completing all duties and responsibilities as detailed in this job description as well as agreed upon specific goals and objectives.
The Licensed/Registered Practical Nurse reports to directly to the Manager of Clinical Practice. S/he provides direction and support to unlicensed employees. While on duty, s/he reports directly to a designated supervisor.
Caring for Seniors at Home
Home care is all about trust. We’ve been caring for Canadians for over 50 years.Learn More
Patient Assistance Programs
Patients needing specialty therapies benefit from extra support.Learn More
Insurer & Employer Services
Prevention strategies and disability management programs for a healthier workplaceLearn More