Nursing Supervisor (Part-Time: 4 days/30 hours per week) - Quebec City, QC
Division: Bayshore Specialty RX
Job Type: Part-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
City: Quebec City
Job Category: Bayshore Specialty RX
Years of Experience: 5+
Number of Positions: 1
- Fluent English
- Fluent French
Contact Email: email@example.com
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
This part-time position is for four days/30 hours a week. Travel is required on a regular basis within Quebec City and surrounding areas. The candidate should be located in Quebec City.
The Bayshore Specialty Rx Nursing Supervisor, under the direction of the Bayshore Specialty Rx Regional Nursing Manager, is responsible for the day-to-day nursing and administrative operations, general oversight, and accountability of several specialty infusion clinics within an assigned territory and the Specialty Nursing Services that transpire in clients homes within that same territory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Within his/her given territory, acts as the direct supervisor and clinical/operational resource to Bayshore Specialty Rx Nurses,by providing direct managerial support and leadership;
- Facilitates new Specialty Nurses’ on-boarding and training;
- Within his or her given territory, carries out annual nurse engagement sessions and semi-annual nurse support visits;
- Supports/assists in yearly competency training; new-program launch training; skills training and validation; and any other ad hoc training identified by the Regional Nursing Manager;
- Encourages the dissemination of patient surveys and escalates patient feedback to the Regional Nursing Manager. Participates in sharing of such feedback and implementing improvements when possible;
- Responsible for overseeing key performance indicators (KPIs) within given territory;
- Responsible for the general oversight and well-being of several infusion clinics within his/her territory;
- Arranges and/or provides client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling, health teaching, and reporting any adverse events to immediate supervisor or required stakeholders;
- Participates in facilitating scheduling challenges to cover last minute sick calls to ensure patient medication therapies are maintained and appointment changes are avoided;
- Prepares and administers a variety of specialized intravenous or injectable pharmacological treatments;
- Conducts patient health assessments and medication administration teaching;
- Develops and reviews nursing care plans that are individualized to each client;
- Observes and documents client conditions according to Bayshore Healthcare standards;
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices;
- Participates in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities;
- Adheres to Bayshore policies and procedures;
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System;
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns;
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel;
- Completes all other tasks delegated by the Regional Nursing Manager, as requested.
- At least 5 years Nursing experience, preferably in a critical care (e.g., ER or ICU), infusion clinic, or oncology setting;
- Previous nursing management or leadership experience will be seen as an asset;
- Previous oncology work experience will be seen as an asset.
- Graduated from an accredited Nursing School with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BScN) degree or equivalent;
- Current registration and in good standing with the provincial licensing body;
- Candidate must be a Registered Nurse.
- Exceptional peripheral intravenous administration skills (e.g., PIVs, CVADs and PICCs);
- Current ACLS and CPR certification;
- Oncology certification or other specialized certifications will be seen as an asset;
- Strong functional knowledge and utilization of Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Able to manage relationships with a proven track record of exceptional customer service;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective and consistent format;
- Able to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team;
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks;
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to client care;
- Able to visually and auditorially observe and assess clients;
- Able to transcribe physician’s orders;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able and willing to travel, as needed, within a defined territory as part of regular work responsibilities.
Caring for Seniors at Home
Home care is all about trust. We’ve been caring for Canadians for over 50 years.Learn More
Patient Assistance Programs
Patients needing specialty therapies benefit from extra support.Learn More
Insurer & Employer Services
Prevention strategies and disability management programs for a healthier workplaceLearn More