Personal Caregiver - Quebec, QC
DivisionBayshore Home Health
Employment Status: Permanent
Years of Experience: 1
Number of Positions: 1
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.Apply Now
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Make “being the difference” your Career at Bayshore
Bayshore is looking for caring and capable Personal Caregiver to join our amazing team as we continue our 50+ year tradition of providing high-quality care to our community. As a trusted partner, Bayshore is working to respond and provide much needed services to its clients and communities across Canada. If you are a Personal Caregiver, we can offer you the chance to make a difference and do meaningful work, within the settings and schedules that match your needs and interests.
At Bayshore, you create special moments for clients every day. If your calling is to “be the difference” by providing outstanding care, then a Health Care Career with Bayshore is the Perfect Fit for YOU!
Bayshore strives to take good care of you – while you take care of others:
- Chart your path - Take charge of your day and manage what’s important to you. We offer nurses and caregivers part-time, full-time, and casual opportunities, designed to empower you. Choose the number of hours you want to work and a schedule that compliments your lifestyle.
- Shape the wellbeing of our clients & communities - Take control and use your experience to create special moments for your clients and help us build better communities.
- Realize your full potential - We are committed to helping you realize the future you want and we achieve this through a wide variety of work options, continuous learning, and access to healthcare experts.
- Feel rewarded for doing what you love - Do you want to make a difference and get back to the fundamentals of nursing? We will empower you to do work you are passionate about with lots of autonomy and support from experienced colleagues and supervisors. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive company-sponsored benefits for you and your family on top of paid sick days.
- Work in a safe and healthy work environment – We take health & safety seriously. We provide personal protective equipment (PPE), relevant training in line with evolving health guidelines, and daily infection prevention screening of clients and workers to help prevent exposures to COVID-19
Duties and Responsibilities
The Work You Will Do
- As a Personal Caregiver, you provide high-quality and compassionate care to your clients in the community
- Provide standard care services and assistance with basic and instrumental activities of daily living (ADL/IADLs), as well as specialized, client-specific support when required. Examples include providing personal companionship, meal prep, housekeeping, personal care, medication reminders, respite care, dementia care, hospital discharge and palliative care to clients on a one to one basis in their homes or community setting.
- Ensure on an ongoing basis that the emotional, physical comfort, and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent
Who You Are
- Desire to help improve the lives of those in your community
- Dedicated to providing high-quality care services to clients and knowledge of practices for community care
- Have either a reliable mode of transportation (Bus, Train, etc) OR a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for commuting
- A clear Police Criminal Record able to get a Vulnerable Sector Screening if required
- Completion of formal, accredited caregiver training program and/or a combination of equivalent education and experience is considered an asset
- Must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada**
**Bayshore is committed to a high quality and safe environment for both our staff and clients/patients. At Bayshore all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two dose vaccine series or one dose of a single- dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.