Human Resources Coordinator - Montreal, QC
DivisionBayshore Home Health
Employment Status: Contract
Years of Experience: 1
Number of Positions: 1
Contact Email: email@example.com
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.Apply Now
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Human Resources Coordinator – Branch, under the direction of the Area Director, completes day-to-day human resources activities at the Branch Office and collaborates in relevant National Service Centre initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain Field employee human resources files such that all required documentation, including copies of current professional registration, probationary and annual performance reviews, supervisory reports and continuing education documentation are included.
- Maintain past Field employee human resources files in conjunction with the Area Director and ensure that final performance reviews and/or exit interviews are included.
- Participate in or lead the Health and Safety Program as directed by the Area Director.
- Handle payroll and benefits-related inquiries and assist employees to complete forms.
- Handle external requests for reference checks and verification of employment; work with recruiter to manage challenging situations, provide coaching and support to the recruiter
- Manage Workers Compensation claims documentation including filing reports, follow-up activities; participate in the development of modified work programs as requested.
- Maintain current knowledge of provincial legislation relating to Employment Standards, Human Rights, Workplace Health and Safety, and Labour laws; assist the Area Director to handle real or suspected violations of legislated requirements.
- Manages telephone and written inquiries relating to the hiring and selection of Field employees as requested working with the recruiter or NS, MCP or AD.
- Assist AD, MCP, or NS with hiring and screening Field employees according to Bayshore Home Health recruitment and selection policies and procedures and as such:
- arrange interview schedules with the AD, MCP or NS if need be
- document personal information in human resources files
- complete reference checks
- arrange for police security clearances
- on the basis of the interview and screening process, arrange for screened applicants to attend the Information Sessions; contact applicants who did not pass the screening process and thank them for their interest in Bayshore Home Health
- Assist with the recruitment and selection of Administrative and/or Supervisory employees as requested by the Area Director or Regional Director
- Schedule and arrange Information Sessions; conduct specific parts of the Information Session, such as payroll; accountable for ensuring each Field employee is provided a photo identification card and laisse with MCP, NS or Area Director to ensure employees receive required tools and equipment
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
A minimum of two years progressively responsible and varied human resources experience.
Experience in a healthcare or related field preferred.
Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree, in HR or Business related field. Completion of a recognized Human Resources certificate or diploma program is preferred.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; ability to work independently and as part of a team; competency in keyboarding and Windows software; ability to operate all standard office equipment; commitment to continued learning.
Bilingual (French and English)