Registered Nurse (RN) - Montréal and surrounding areas, QC
Division: Bayshore Home Health
Job Type: Full-time, Part time, Casual, Shift work, Weekends
Employment Status: Contract
City: Montréal and surrounding areas
Years of Experience: 1
Number of Positions: Several
Contact Email: email@example.com
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Arrange and/or provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling and health teaching; report any unusual circumstances to the branch office or to the immediate supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and review nursing care plans that are individualized to each client.
- Provide care according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial regulating body; perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
- Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency have been completed.
- Observe and document client conditions according to Bayshore Home Health standards.
- Receive and transcribe physician’s orders.
- Provide direction, support and delegation to Licensed/Registered Practical Nurses and unlicensed Field employees as appropriate.
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties, is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
Previous experience in the acute care sector; demonstrated clinical competencies; positive interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written; critical thinking and analytical skills; decision making skills; ability to prioritize; clinical certificates considered an asset.
Personal vehicle an asset.
- Graduated from an accredited nursing education program with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or equivalent;
- Current registration and in good standing with provincial nursing regulatory body ;
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is an asset.
- Exceptional client assessment skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to manage relationships with exceptional customer service;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations;
- Able to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team;
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks;
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to client care;
- Able to transcribe physician’s orders;
- Valid drivers license.