Registered Oncology Nurse Clinician - Quebec, QC
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Employment Status: Permanent
Years of Experience: 5+
Number of Positions: 1
- French is an asset
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
CAREpath is a unique health care navigation program led by a comprehensive and experienced team of highly trained health care specialists. CAREchart@home is part of the greater CAREpath program offerings. CAREchart@home provides after hours symptom management support for oncology patients Quebec cancer centres.
CAREpath is a subsidiary of Bayshore HealthCare which is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
The Registered Oncology Nurse will be a part of a specialized team that provides telephonic after-hours symptom management support for oncology patients. The oncology nurse will be involved in client care and manage stressful situations with poise and professionalism.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Committed to continued education – maintain oncology competencies and standards of practice
- Ability to work autonomously, remain focused during crisis and execute sound clinical judgment
- Keep all personal health information confidential as required by standards of practice and legislation, including that which is documented or stored electronically.
- Document interactions with clients according to the documentation practice standards using the CCO/COSTaRs guidelines
- Perform a systematic and skilled assessment to determine the nature of a client’s problem, the urgency of health care needs and the appropriate course of action
- Maintain competency in areas such as critical thinking, the use of evidence-based information, expert teaching, counselling, communication, interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Establish and maintain a therapeutic nurse-client relationship
- Minimum 5 years oncology nursing experience
- Excellent knowledge of symptom management in oncology patients
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Ability to adapt and learn electronic documentation system and other required technology associated with job activities
- Current OIIQ licensure in good standing
- CON(C) certification preferred
- Flexible scheduling
- Remote work area (home office); all equipment and necessary resources will be provided.
How to Apply
CAREpath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply. To apply, email us at email@example.com.