Nurse Team Lead - Montreal, QC
Division: Home Care
Job Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Area: Greater Montreal Area
Years of Experience: 5+
Number of Positions: 6
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.Apply Now
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Do you LOVE working independently with clients in the community? Do you have a knack for understanding your client’s needs, are you passionate of home care? Are you recognized as a caring and kind person? If family is first for you, come and be a difference maker in these communities:
Montreal: Cote St Luc, Hampstead, Westmount
Rive Nord: Rosemere, Boisbriand, Blainville
Rive Sud: Brossard, St. Lambert, Greenfield Park
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will build a trusted partnership with clients as their in-home care provider, following their lead, along with an established care plan, delivering the highest quality of home care with compassion, clarity, and reliability
- You will provide the care yourself and/or train your team members to provide a consistent, on-going provision of care in order to maintain emotional, physical, and overall wellbeing of your client as well as meet the safety of clients to the greatest possible extent
- You will relay valued insights to your neighborhood health care team related to additional assistance or support that your client or their family may need.
- You will assess or arrange for the initial and ongoing assessment of clients requiring licensed and unlicensed care and service as appropriate.
- You will create and/or ensure that care plans are available for clients as appropriate; visit clients as required and update care plans using innovative and up to date practices.
- Liaise with other care providers, including family as well as the public healthcare system.
- You may serve as the on-call Nurse if required.
- Participate in community outreach and development as appropriate; assist with the development of contractual agreements for client care and service as requested.
- Lead or assist with the integration of client satisfaction initiatives; ensure that all referred client concerns and complaints are satisfactorily addressed and documented in a timely manner.
- You will help to coordinate human resources with respect to recruitment and selection, orientation and training, discipline and the probationary/annual performance review of reporting neighborhood health team members Supervise and support licensed and unlicensed employees to ensure compliance with all federal and provincial legislated standards of practice as well as company policies and procedures.
- You will be responsible for the safety of your team and we ask that you notify your immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- You will be responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports
- We expect you to participate in Health & Safety activities while performing all duties You will read, interpret and implement relevant policies and procedures.
- We will provide you with internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- You will be an active participant in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Standards of Practice guidelines of Provincial regulating body.
- Your caring nature shines through as you always ensure that your clients remember how you make them feel because that is what matters the most.
- You value teamwork and are ready to be an active partner in a local care team.
- You earn and keep client trust and treat your clients like you would treat your family
- You thrive when you are showing you care via acts of service
- You understand how important home care is for those in need
- You understand your clients and their family’s needs and are not afraid to advocate
• Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, valid Nursing License, and current registration with the OIIQ
Do you long for the kind of nursing where you know that each day you make adifference, that you have the ability to develop important connections and to make someone’s day special? Be a Bayshore difference maker, share our vision and imaging being the difference in your community. Bayshore employees have the ability to create special moments both big and small. If you are tired of rushing through the day, of missing the moments, come and be a difference maker. Bayshore’s local team of difference makers allows you to put your family first while making a difference in the lives of others. Send your resume or any questions to email@example.com or view for more information here.