Companion/Caregiver_Health Teams - Westmount or Hampstead or Cote-Saint-Luc, QC
Division: Home Care
Job Type: Field
Employment Status: Permanent
City: Westmount or Hampstead or Cote-Saint-Luc
Years of Experience: 5+
Number of Positions: 1
Contact Email: email@example.com
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.Apply Now
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Do you LOVE working independently with clients in the community? Do you struggle with getting a consistent schedule on your terms? Do you have a knack for understanding your client’s needs? Are you passionate about home care? Are you recognized as a caring and kind person? Be a key player in an innovative project at Bayshore, share our vision and values and imaging being the difference in your community. Send your resume or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org find out more on www.bayshore.ca
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will build a trusted partnership with clients as their in-home care provider, following their lead, along with an established care plan, delivering the highest quality of home care with compassion, clarity, and reliability.
- You will provide in-home assistance as per the care plan which you will help develop while working with your neighborhood health care team. You may take on tasks such as meal preparation, light housekeeping (dishes, general tidying, organizing, laundry, linen changes, plant care), social engagement activities, personal care, leisure activities etc.
- You will collaborate with your neighborhood health care team to provide a consistent, on-going provision of care in order to maintain emotional, physical, and overall wellbeing of your client as well as meet the safety of clients to the greatest possible extent.
- You will communicate client’s care and current state in professional, compassionate, and detailed manner upon every shift completion.
- You will relay valued insights to your local care team related to additional assistance or support that your client or their family may need.
- Your caring nature shines through as you always ensure that your clients remember how you make them feel because that is what matters the most.
- You are all about customer experience, and you are known to put it front and center always.
- You earn and keep client trust and treat your clients like you would treat your family.
- You value teamwork and are ready to be an active partner in a local care team.
- You thrive when you are showing you care via acts of service.
- You understand how important home care is for those in need.
- You understand your clients and their family’s needs and are not afraid to advocate for them.
- You understand that effective community care for seniors involves home support and are ready to build some special relationships.
- You are an expert at reading body language and non-verbal cues and are ready to learn new skills to support your community health work.
- PSW/PAB Certifications considered assets for caregiver roles
- Valid Nursing License required for all Nursing roles, and current registration with the OIIQ
- Valid membership with the Ordre des travailleurs sociaux for all social work positions
For more information, please contact email@example.com or read more here
By joining our team of local difference makers, you will play a vital role in providing 1:1 private community care to help our diverse clients meet their goals of staying safe at home. Bayshore will support you to gain valuable experience and important skills to ensure you have the tools and training you need to succeed in your job. We will help you deliver high quality service the Bayshore way! You will make a real difference!