Personal Support Worker (PSW) - Vaudreuil-Soulanges Or West-Island , QC
Division: Home Care
Employment Status: Contract
City: Vaudreuil-Soulanges Or West-Island
Years of Experience: 1
Number of Positions: 1
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.Apply Now
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Make “being the difference” your Career at Bayshore
Bayshore is looking for caring and capable personal support workers (PSWs) to join our amazing team as we continue our 50+ year tradition of providing high-quality care to our community. As a trusted partner, Bayshore is working to respond and provide much needed services to its clients and communities across Canada. We can offer you the chance to make a difference and do meaningful work, within the settings and schedules that match your needs and interests.
Why Join Us
• Chart your path - Take charge of your day and manage what’s important to you. We offer part-time, full-time, and casual opportunities, designed to empower you. Choose the number of hours you want to work and a schedule that compliments your lifestyle.
• Realize your full potential - We are committed to helping you realize the future you want, and we achieve this through a wide variety of work options, continuous learning, and access to healthcare experts. We also offer competitive pay and comprehensive company-sponsored benefits for you and your
family on top of paid sick days.
• Do what you love - Do you want to make a difference and get back to the fundamentals of patient-oriented care? We will empower you to do work you are passionate about with lots of autonomy and support from experienced colleagues and supervisors.
• Shape the wellbeing of our clients & communities - Create special moments for clients every day and help them remain in the comfort and safety of their own home - ensuring quality of life and independence for aging seniors.
Duties and Responsibilities
The personal support worker (PSW), under the direction of the immediate supervisor, provides high-quality and compassionate care to ensure that the emotional, and physical comfort and safety of clients are met. Share our desire to help clients live at home and be fully independent, you will assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs), as well as specialized, client-specific support when required.
- At least one year of recent personal care experience in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed
- Personal support worker certificate or equivalent OR currently enrolled in nursing program (RN/LN/RPN/LPN) with a minimum successful completion of 1 year OR a domestic or foreign trained nurse
- Valid CPR certification is an asset
- Have either a reliable mode of transportation (bus, train, etc) OR a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for commuting
- A clear police criminal record and able to get a Vulnerable Sector Screening if required
Bayshore is committed to a high quality and safe environment for both our staff and clients/patients. At Bayshore all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two dose vaccine series or one dose of a single- dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the official start date of hire.