Registered Nurse with “Expanded Role” Training ProvidedApply Now
Make “being the difference” your Career at Bayshore
Bayshore is looking for caring and knowledgeable Registered Nurses (RN) to join its exceptional team and continue its tradition of more than 50 years of providing high quality care. If you are passionate and caring and your goal is to “be the difference” in the lives of the people and families you care for, a career at Bayshore is for you!
Why Join Us
- Chart your course – You are in control of your schedules and destinations. You will receive the list of needs of the communities to be served and you have the option to apply for those that interest you: full-time or part-time, no minimum assignments, adapt your work schedules to your lifestyle.
- Realize your full potential – We are committed to helping you achieve your goals, and we achieve this through a wide variety of work options, continuous learning, and access to healthcare experts. We also offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits for you and your family.
- Do what you love – Want to make a difference and get back to the fundamentals of patient-oriented care? We will empower you to make full use of your nursing skills to do the work you are passionate about, supported by your experienced colleagues and supervisors.
- Contribute to the well-being of our clients and the community – You will provide diverse care to proud and resilient communities by serving every person, from newborns to seniors, with diligence, empathy and respect and the privilege to learn about different cultures and experiences in healthcare.
The Work You Will Do
In partnership with the local team, the Registered Nurse in “Expanded Role” in remote area has a unique opportunity to expand their knowledge and experience via diverse mandates and experience the special culture of their chosen communities. Replacement periods in Northern Quebec generally last three to six weeks. Through a continuing education program, the nurse will be able to provide both primary and emergency care in a nursing station similar to that of a community clinic. They will have the opportunity to do home care, liaison, public health clinics and more – all in an incredibly dynamic environment.
Education and Experience
- A recognized diploma from an accredited school of nursing and an OIIQ license number valid to practice according to current provincial regulations.
- Two years of experience in first line departments (emergency, intensive care, medicine, flying team, etc.); nurses with various combinations of education and experience may be considered on an individual basis.
- “Expanded Role” training completed or to be done on site with Bayshore (140-hour training at no cost and with time reimbursed)
- ACLS, ENPC, PALS, TNCC, EPICC, RCR (if possible).
- Bilingualism (English and French) spoken and written compulsory.
- No criminal record and be able to obtain a vulnerable sector check, if applicable.
Bayshore is committed to providing a high-quality and safe environment for both its staff and its customers/patients. At Bayshore, all new employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as directed by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series).
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. With over 100 locations across the country, including home care offices, pharmacies and infusion clinics, Bayshore has more than 13,500 staff members and provides care to over 350,000 clients. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life, dignity and independence of all Canadians, by providing customized care plans and solutions that allow clients to remain in the comfort of their own home. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
We thank all applicants who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.