Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID) is a personal matter for many people, with implications for patients and their families and health care professionals.
Bayshore HealthCare is committed to providing high quality care to our end of life clients. We believe patients should, at all times, be treated with understanding, compassion and dignity and should be provided with factual, objective information about MAID.
We provide a single point of contact for Health care partners, Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and patients and their families, to ensure they have the support they need. Our integrated care team means the most responsible practitioner (MRP) has access to nursing and pharmacy support, while patients are cared for with respect and dignity.
For the MRP, Nursing and Pharmacy services include:
- Bayshore Nurses educated in MAID who support the initiative
- Nursing support and assistance to MRP who is providing MAID
- IV access and management
- Care of the body after death
- All necessary medication and supplies in kit format
- Medication information
- Delivery of medication
- Support from our Pharmacists to the MRP
For the patient and their family we provide:
- Palliative Care and End of Life services
- Support to the patient ensuring they have care at the chosen date and time in their environment of choice
- Support for family members
- Care after death
Additional information is available in our Key Messages document, FAQ document, MAID brochure, or by contacting Bayshore at 1.866.841.2036. Our care team will ensure Physicians and Nurse Practitioners will have the nursing and pharmacy support required, while delivering quality, compassionate care to patients and their family.
For more information –
Call us: 1-866-841-2036