A cancer diagnosis is life-changing and traumatic. Many people feel confused, overwhelmed and alone, and they don’t know where to turn for help.
CAREpath’s Cancer Assistance program provides your employees and their families with answers, guidance and support. We help cancer patients, their spouses and their dependent children under age 26 navigate the complexities of the public health care system.
Here’s how we help:
- We provide individualized case management for all types and stages of cancer
- We offer a single point of contact throughout treatment, maintaining continuity of care
- We help reduce the physical and emotional impact of cancer
- We ensure medical best practices are utilized throughout active treatment
- We provide expert assessment of current cancer treatment approaches
- We answer patients’ questions
- We explain the different types of tests and treatments
- We empower patients to better understand their diagnosis and treatment options
- Our nurses specialize in different types of cancer. We assign them to clients based on these subspecialties, to provide deeper knowledge
- We provide bilingual services across Canada, in both rural and urban communities
- We deliver our support by phone, for timely and efficient service
Cancer Assistance combines CAREpath’s team of highly trained and caring Nurse Navigators with our Medical Advisory Board. The Board includes some of Canada’s most accomplished cancer care specialists, who are selected on the basis of their expertise and experience to ensure we are able to navigate any type of cancer.
Among employees who have received support from Cancer Assistance, 92% have either worked throughout their treatment or returned to work once treatment was complete.
Cancer Assistance is confidential, and there is no cost to patients and their families.
For more information about Cancer Assistance, visit www.carepath.ca or call 1-866-599-2720 ext 34830.
Addressing the unique needs of lawyers handling personal injury and medical legal files
Specializing in the assessment, treatment and care of individuals who have sustained a traumatic brain injury, stroke or other neurological illness
Increase your mobility, independence and active participation in life
Expert intermediaries between clients, care providers and insurance companies
Support for your employees and their immediate family members in the event of an illness or other health crisis
Working to assess, manage and provide service for communication and swallowing disorders
Evaluating, restoring and maintaining optimal physical function
Providing comprehensive assessment and treatment services to insurers
A confidential mental health assessment and counselling service
Helping your employees understand and navigate senior care options for their family
Programs to keep employees healthy and productive
Additional programs and services provided by Bayshore Rehab & Therapy
Caring for Seniors at Home
Home care is all about trust. We’ve been caring for Canadians for over 50 years.Learn More
Patient Assistance Programs
Patients needing specialty therapies benefit from extra support.Learn More
Government Healthcare Services
A trusted provider of home healthcare services for government funders across Canada.Learn More
In the News
December 7, 2018
December 6, 2018
November 20, 2018
November 19, 2018
November 19, 2018
November 16, 2018
November 12, 2018
November 9, 2018
November 9, 2018
November 8, 2018