A Path to Living Well with Pain
Bayshore HealthCare, in partnership with Bieman-Copland & Associates, is offering a six week, comprehensive, interprofessional pain program for individuals in the Niagara Region over the age of 18.
The program targets individuals dealing with persistent pain that interferes with daily activities such as self-care, work, leisure and relationships.
This program is appropriate for individuals living with a range of pain conditions, including complex situations where pain is present along with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Acquired Brain Injury or dual diagnoses.
The program recognizes the disruptive and distressing effect of pain in people’s lives. We offer group and individual sessions, to teach participants new skills and strategies so they can live well with their pain.
- Based on the latest research on the neuroscience of pain
- Promotes physical activation
- Teaches skills to calm the nervous system
- Incorporates principles of mindfulness
- Utilizes the latest technology for activity and sleep tracking
- Includes opportunities to practice doing things differently
- Takes place in a community setting that emphasizes wellness
- Provides support for generalization of skills