Speech and Language Pathology Therapy Services
Our speech-language pathologists are skilled regulated health care professionals with the knowledge and clinical training to assess and manage communication and swallowing disorders. We work with pre-school and school-age children, as well as adults, who are experiencing difficulties speaking, swallowing, listening, reading or writing.
Speech and Language Clinic in Windsor, Tecumseh, Lasalle and surrounding regions
A specialty speech and language clinic is located in Windsor- Essex County that provides a wide range of speech therapy services to children and adults.
Led by Director Cheryl Metcalfe, she and her team assess and treat:
- Speech and language disorders to improve speech disorders including apraxia, dysfluency.
- Language disorders including difficulty listening, understanding, reading and writing.
- Cognitive communication disorders following head injury that focuses on improving reasoning, problem-solving, memory and organizational skills.
- Myofunctional therapy to assess and treat tongue thrust, tongue tie and other orofacial difficulties, including a habit elimination program (thumb sucking and other oral habits).
- Lee Silverman Voice Therapy (LSVT) for patients with Parkinson’s disease is also available.
For more information, please contact: Cheryl Metcalfe
In Home Speech & Language Therapy Services
We offer in home speech and language therapy to home bound clients in regions across Canada. These services include swallowing assessments and treatment, and communication therapy following stroke, head injury, and other neurological conditions.
For our patients who have experienced a motor vehicle accident, our Speech Language Pathologists work with a team of medical, legal and rehabilitation professionals to assess and treat the communication disorders that arise following trauma.
For more information, please contact:
10-1275 Walker Road, Windsor, ON, N8Y 4X9
1303 County Rd 22, Unit #135, Lakeshore, ONFind this service near you