Complete a short survey to share your experience.
Patient/Client Family Advisory Council
Join Bayshore's Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
What is a Patient and Family Advisor?
A Patient and Family Advisor (PFA) is a patient/client or family member of a patient/client of Bayshore within the last 5 years who provides the perspective of patients and families to help improve the quality and experience of care for clients at Bayshore HealthCare.
What is the purpose of the Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC)?
The PFAC brings together previous Bayshore patients/clients or family members to:
- Advise on quality improvement based on your experience. Patient and Family Advisors provide a fresh and insightful perspective that is needed to address the current gaps in our system.
- Participate in discussion groups. Advisors tell us what it’s like to be a patient/client or a family member, and how we can improve the care we provide to improve their experience.
- Consult on policies, procedures, and processes. Advisors help provide ideas and feedback for organizational materials like forms, policies, and educational handouts. Advisors provide a client perspective and help us
What is the time commitment to be a Patient and Family Advisor?
PFAC meetings will take place virtually or in person on a quarterly basis (4 per year) and may be 1.5 hours in length. At times a PFA may be involved in individual quality improvement projects and/or there may be working groups working on specific tasks in addition to the quarterly meetings. Ideally, Patient and Family Advisors will participate on the advisory council for a minimum of 1-2 years.
Why should YOU become a Patient and Family Advisor?
- To share your ideas and perspectives to improve the patient/family care and experiences
- To advance Patient/Client and Family Centered Care by partnering with the healthcare providers
- To contribute to decision making with the voice of the patient in mind
Together we will be the difference!
The PFAC (Patient and Family Advisory Council) is currently recruiting passionate patient/clients and family members who want to be a part of this exciting opportunity. For more information about joining the PFAC please email your questions to email@example.com