Programs to keep employees healthy and productive
The needs of every employer are unique and our programs are completely customized to provide the right solution. Bayshore works with employers across Canada to develop prevention strategies and disability management programs that focus on keeping employees healthy and productive at work.
Today’s workforce deals with increasing mental health issues, aging employees, and chronic conditions
Bayshore Therapy & Rehab works with employers to develop disability management programs that focus on keeping employees healthy and productive at work. When an employee is on medical leave, our early intervention services will facilitate a timely and safe return to work program. We engage the worker, the manager, the union, the insurer, and other parties as appropriate to ensure a successful resolution.
Bayshore Employer Services are comprised of 4 key areas:
Occupational Medicine & Preventative Services
- Pre-employment Screening
- Medical Surveillance Testing
- Mental Health Solutions
- On-site Nurses and Physicians
- Policy Design
Employer Assessment Services
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Cognitive Abilities Evaluations
- Ergonomic Office Reviews
- Ergonomic Risk Evaluation, Training and Education
- Physical and Cognitive Demands Analysis
- Independent Medical Examinations
Rehabilitation & Disability Services
- On-site Rehabilitation
- Early Intervention Programs
- Casual Absence Management
- RTW Case Support
- Cognitive Rehabilitation Programs
- Last Chance Agreements and Monitoring
Wellness & Lifestyle Services
- Online Health Portal
- Biometric Screening Clinics
- Mental Health Wellness
- Health Promotion Education
- Health Coaching
- Vaccination Programs
Our services are designed to:
- Reduce durations of Lost Time Injury
- Expedite Modified Work Programs
- Bridge the gap between a treating physician’s recommendations and return to work
- Prevent Workplace Injury and Illness
- Reduce the total costs of absences in the workplace
- Improve your NEER / Workers Compensation
Our services include:
- Absence Management Solutions – Bayshore Absence Management Solutions assists employers by delivering strategies and services designed to reduce the costs and the associated impact of absence and disability in the workplace. Our programs optimize function and health which results in a present and productive workforce. The needs of every employer are unique and our programs are completely customized to provide the right solution. We can assist with casual absence and accommodation requests as well as following workplace injury or return from medical leave.
- Disability Management Services – Our disability management services include a home assessment of the employee’s function and identification of barriers preventing the employee returning to work. We also meet with treatment providers and develop a strategy for successful resolution, in collaboration with the employer and the union.
- Vocational Assessments – Our Vocational Evaluators complete a comprehensive assessment to identify employability and alternative job options consistent with a client’s aptitudes, interests, values, skills, education, training, work experience, physical, cognitive, psycho-emotional status and functional abilities. A transferable skills analysis may be included in addition to a labour market survey.
- Ergonomic Services – Our ergonomic assessments are provided at the work site to help prevent injuries and/or to support the employee to return to normal duties.
- Functional Abilities Evaluations (EVAs) – Our WorkWell FAEs are a comprehensive and objective assessment of an individual’s work tolerance and ability to perform work-related tasks. We offer a 1 or 2 day FAE and can customize to meet unique requirements for a particular job function.
- Work Site Assessments – Our therapists complete a comprehensive evaluation of a client’s workplace and detailed report outlining essential job duties, physical and social environment, ergonomic concerns and specific job demands.
- Job Demand Analyses – We objectively quantify and evaluate the environmental conditions, the use of machines, equipment, tools, and work aids, as well as the physical, cognitive, psycho-emotional and behavioral demands of each task.
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP™) – The PGAP™ is an evidence-based treatment program targeting psychosocial barriers to recovery and rehabilitation for clients suffering from debilitating health or mental health conditions. It contributes to a successful return to work for individuals with back pain, whiplash, fibromyalgia, cancer, depression, and PTSD.
- Accommodating Employees with Early Onset Dementia
Dementia can impair employees in their prime working years. Employers may notice changes in an employee’s performance such as frequent absences or signs such as repetitive conversation or struggling to find the correct words, missing deadlines, and meetings or losing items. Employees may have noticed these signs impacting their ability to focus and complete their work tasks and keep motivated at work. We provide specific accommodation strategies to assist both the employer as well as employee facing this situation.
Additional programs and services provided by Bayshore Rehab & Therapy
Support for your employees and their immediate family members in the event of an illness or other health crisis
Increase your mobility, independence and active participation in life
Helping your employees understand and navigate senior care options for their family
Providing comprehensive assessment and treatment services to insurers
Evaluating, restoring and maintaining optimal physical function
Working to assess, manage and provide service for communication and swallowing disorders
Specializing in the assessment, treatment and care of individuals who have sustained a traumatic brain injury, stroke or other neurological illness
Helping cancer patients navigate the complexities of the public health care system
A confidential mental health assessment and counselling service
Addressing the unique needs of lawyers handling personal injury and medical legal files
Expert intermediaries between clients, care providers and insurance companies
Caring for Seniors at Home
Home care is all about trust. We’ve been caring for Canadians for over 50 years.Learn More
Patient Assistance Programs
Patients needing specialty therapies benefit from extra support.Learn More
Government Healthcare Services
A trusted provider of home healthcare services for government funders across Canada.Learn More
In the News
May 16, 2019
May 10, 2019
May 6, 2019
Senior Health & Wellness
April 29, 2019
April 24, 2019
April 22, 2019
April 17, 2019
Call your mom
April 15, 2019
Senior Health & Wellness
April 15, 2019
April 9, 2019