Close to Home: The Rewards of Working in Home Health Care
Bayshore | | Blog
Benefits of working in Home Health Care
Are you a nurse or personal support worker? Are you looking for new opportunities that give you control over when and where you work? If so, home health care might be the perfect career move.
Nurses and PSWs choose home health care for many reasons, including:
- The opportunity to provide one-on-one care, for one person at a time
- Safe working environments where you can control your exposure to health risks
- The opportunity to make a difference in your own neighbourhood and community
- The reward and satisfaction of supporting vulnerable people during challenging times
- The ability to choose where you work – no long commutes
- Flexible scheduling
- The ability to work independently, with 24/7 support from an experienced clinical team
- Competitive salaries and benefits
Keeping our team safe during COVID-19
You may have questions or concerns about how nurses and PSWs who work in the community are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
At Bayshore Home Health, the health and safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. We have always adhered to strong Infection and Control Practices (IPAC), including employee and client screening and proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
We also have tried-and-true procedures for responding to disease outbreaks. Before COVID-19 became a pandemic, we mobilized a team of clinical, health and safety, human resources, IT and operational specialists to ready a company-wide response plan, which includes in-depth pandemic planning, ensuring an adequate supply of PPE, IPAC education, and effective employee and client communication. Teamwork brings all of this together, and we are deeply grateful for our employees’ dedication to their communities.
Learn more about current opportunities at Bayshore.