Specialty Pharmacy, Distribution & Wholesale
Specialty pharmacy services tailored to each client’s unique needs
Through our state-of-the-art pharmacies, Bayshore offers a high level of expertise in the preparation, storage and delivery of intravenous (IV) and injectable drugs used in areas such as biologics, anti-infection therapy, chemotherapy, pain management and total parenteral nutrition (TPN).
We also distribute infusion equipment and supplies, including innovative infusion pumps.
Partnership with Bayshore Specialty Rx for your specialty pharmacy needs offers many advantages:
Specialty medication management and expertise
Bayshore’s specialty pharmacists are professionally trained and understand unique patient needs. Our national infusion pharmacy network maintains a high level of expertise in the preparation, storage and delivery of medications including antibiotics, hydration, chemotherapy and pain and symptom management in compliance with USP and NAPRA standards. Each pharmacy location across Canada has the ability to deliver sterile compounded product.
Expertise in cold chain drug management and shipping with DEX Medical Distribution
Through our modern, GMP-compliant facilities, we offer a variety of distribution services that includes expertise in complex medications, cold chain management and transportation, infusion equipment and supplies and supply kit packing. We have the expertise and capacity to coordinate shipments to a host of external parties, including hospitals, pharmacies, external clinics and doctors’ offices. Our 47,000 SF drug wholesale facility serves over 2,200 of such customers.
Specialized pump equipment training and consultation for end users
Comprehensive equipment management programs ensure infusion pumps and other supplies required for the medication administration are delivered to patients in home care and alternative care facilities such as community infusion clinics or long-term residential care facilities. Pump training and consultation is also available for clinicians and pharmacists available 24 hours a day to address questions or concerns regarding the pump and the administration of medication.
Individualized patient monitoring with frequent assessments and access to education and counselling are standard in all of our patient support programs. We also provide:
- Comprehensive medication reviews to prevent drug interactions and potential conflicts;
- Financial assistance for special/prior authorizations, reimbursement and to secure complex funding; and
- Integrated nursing services and pharmacist support.
Bayshore Specialty Rx also offers:
- Expertise in pediatric and adult TPN programs, using preprogrammed ambulatory pumps and backpacks
- Ongoing research into new intravenous products and practices that conform to Canadian Vascular Access Association and Health Canada guidelines
- 24/7 Specialty Pharmacist hotline at 1-888-313-6988
- ISO Class 5 non-Hazardous Cleanrooms in compliance with USP <797> and NAPRA standards
- ISO Class 5 Hazardous Cleanrooms in compliance with USP <800> and NAPRA standards
- Advanced technology in TPN automated compounding systems
- A variety of nutritional products and feeding pumps
Achieve better patient outcomes through data
We design and customize reporting, dashboards and data extracts for manufacturers. We meet with manufacturers to understand their healthcare goals to provide business insight for continuous improvement and to optimize program performance to ultimately deliver the best patient experiences.
Our nurse portal is available to third-party clinics and nurses, and allows nurses to complete post-infusion reports and documentation on the spot. It features notification of infusion activity and validation of services performed for billing and audit requirements.
We also design and customize physician portal solutions to allow a one-stop reporting dashboard for healthcare providers. Completely customizable, it enables manufacturers to allow insight into the patient journey.