Today’s workforce deals with increasing mental health issues, aging employees, and chronic conditions. Bayshore Therapy and Rehab works with employers to develop disability management programs that focus on keeping employees healthy and productive at work. When an employee is on medical leave, our early intervention services will facilitate a timely and safe return to work program. We engage the worker, the manager, the union, the insurer, and other parties as appropriate to ensure a successful resolution.
Our services include:
- Disability Management Services – Our disability management services include a home assessment of the employee’s function and identification of barriers preventing the employee returning to work. We also meet with treatment providers and develop a strategy for successful resolution, in collaboration with the employer and the union.
- Vocational Assessments – Our Vocational Evaluators complete a comprehensive assessment to identify employability and alternative job options consistent with a client’s aptitudes, interests, values, skills, education, training, work experience, physical, cognitive, psycho-emotional status and functional abilities. A transferable skills analysis may be included in addition to a labour market survey.
- Ergonomic Services – Our ergonomic assessments are provided at the work site to help prevent injuries and/or to support the employee to return to normal duties.
- Functional Abilities Evaluations (FAEs) – Our WorkWell FAEs are a comprehensive and objective assessment of an individual’s work tolerance and ability to perform work-related tasks. We offer a 1 or 2 day FAE and can customize to meet unique requirements for a particular job function.
- Work Site Assessments – Our therapists complete a comprehensive evaluation of a client’s workplace and detailed report outlining essential job duties, physical and social environment, ergonomic concerns and specific job demands.
- Job Demands Analyses – We objectively quantify and evaluate the environmental conditions, the use of machines, equipment, tools, and work aids, as well as the physical, cognitive, psycho-emotional and behavioral demands of each task.
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP ™) – The PGAP™ is an evidence-based treatment program targeting psychosocial barriers to recovery and rehabilitation for clients suffering from debilitating health or mental health conditions. It contributes to a successful return to work for individuals with back pain, whiplash, fibromyalgia, cancer, depression, and PTSD.