Increase your mobility, independence and active participation in life
If you are unable to participate in your normal daily activities due to an illness, disability, injury or the aging process, an occupational therapist can help. At Bayshore, our occupational therapists are skilled, regulated health professionals who work directly with you and your family, employer and/or other professionals to help you learn or re-learn everyday activities, and increase your mobility, independence and active participation in life.
Occupational therapists help maximize functional independence for individuals with a wide range of limitations. Bayshore has occupational therapists in every province who can:
- Assess your physical, cognitive, psycho-emotional and functional status and develop comprehensive treatment programs to help you achieve your personal goals
- Assess your home, workplace and other environments to address safety issues and recommend modifications
- Assess workplace ergonomics, recommend modifications and design return-to-work and disability management programs
- Prescribe assistive devices and technologies that allow you to function well at home, work, school, and in the community
- Provide education including: task modification, pacing, pain management, energy conservation, body mechanics, posture and cognitive compensatory approaches
- Work with seniors to maximize safety and independence with daily activities
- Work with children to develop fine, gross motor and visual motor co-ordination skills
- Determine eligibility for funding support from federal and provincial programs, as well as extended health care, auto and workplace safety insurance
What to expect
During your first appointment we’ll complete a thorough assessment of your functional abilities and limitations. You may also undergo a physical, cognitive or psycho-emotional evaluation and we may arrange an assessment of your home, workplace or other environment. From here our occupational therapist will work in partnership with you to identify goals and develop a personalized therapy plan. The therapist will recommend assistive devices and technologies, and if appropriate, teach you how to use them. They will also provide education, monitor your progress, communicate with other healthcare professionals on your team, and refer you to other helpful community resources.
Who we work with
Our occupational therapists work with seniors to maximize safety and independence; with children to develop fine, gross motor and visual motor co-ordination skills; and with adults to ensure they remain mobile, active and independent.
We can help determine eligibility for funding support from federal and provincial programs, as well as extended health care, auto and workplace safety insurance. Contact our team today to get started.
For more information, call us at:
Therapy & Rehab
Providing a wide range of physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, rehabilitation services as well as occupational health and wellness services.
Carepath is an innovative healthcare navigation service that provides comprehensive and personalized support to members and their families in the event of illness or other health crises.
Evaluating, restoring and maintaining optimal physical function.
Speech and Language Pathology
Working to assess, manage and provide service for communication and swallowing disorders.
Programs to keep employees healthy and productive.
Providing comprehensive assessment and treatment services to insurers.
Services for the Legal Profession
Addressing the unique needs of lawyers handling personal injury and medical legal files.
Additional programs and services provided by Bayshore Rehab & Therapy.