Speech and Language Pathology
Working to assess, manage and provide service for communication and swallowing disorders
We offer speech and language therapy to clients in regions across Canada. These services include swallowing assessments and treatment, and communication therapy following stroke, head injury, and other neurological conditions.
Our speech-language pathologists are skilled regulated health care professionals with the knowledge and clinical training to assess and manage communication and swallowing disorders. We work with pre-school and school-age children, as well as adults, who are experiencing difficulties speaking, swallowing, listening, reading or writing.
For our patients who have experienced a motor vehicle accident, our Speech Language Pathologists work with a team of medical, legal and rehabilitation professionals to assess and treat the communication disorders that arise following trauma.
A specialty speech and language clinic is located in Windsor – Essex County that provides a wide range of speech therapy services to children and adults.
Bayshore Therapy & Rehab
3200 Deziel Drive, Suite 210
Windsor, ON N8W 5K8
Bayshore Therapy & Rehab
Unit 135 – 1303 County Road 22
Lakeshore, ON N0R 1A0
Our team of Speech-Language Pathologists assess and treat:
- Speech and language disorders to improve speech disorders including apraxia, dysfluency
- Language disorders including difficulty listening, understanding, reading and writing
- Cognitive communication disorders following head injury that focuses on improving reasoning, problem-solving, memory and organizational skills
- Myofunctional therapy to assess and treat tongue thrust, tongue tie and other orofacial difficulties, including a habit elimination program (thumb sucking and other oral habits)
- Lee Silverman Voice Therapy (LSVT) for patients with Parkinson’s disease is also available
Providing a wide range of physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, rehabilitation services as well as occupational health and wellness services.
A healthcare navigation program providing answers, guidance and support to employees in the event of an illness or other health crisis.
Evaluating, restoring and maintaining optimal physical function.
Increase your mobility, independence and active participation in life.
Programs to keep employees healthy and productive.
Providing comprehensive assessment and treatment services to insurers.
Addressing the unique needs of lawyers handling personal injury and medical legal files.
Additional programs and services provided by Bayshore Rehab & Therapy.