Today’s workforce deals with increasing mental health issues, aging employees, and chronic conditions. Bayshore works with employers to develop prevention strategies and disability management programs that focus on keeping employees healthy and productive at work.
The needs of every employer are unique and our programs are completely customized to provide the right solution. We can assist with casual absence and accomodation requests as well as following workplace injury or return from medical leave. Our early intervention services will facilitate a timely and safe return to work program.
We engage the employee, their treating physician, managers, unions, and other parties as appropriate to ensure a successful resolution. Our clients experience the Bayshore difference as we support them beyond the merely issuing a report. We continue to help employers work with the employee through the return to function program.
- Reduce durations of Lost Time Injury
- Expedite Modified Work Programs
- Bridge the gap between a treating physician’s recommendations and return to work
- Prevent Workplace Injury and Illness
- Reduce the total costs of absences in the workplace
- Improve your NEER / Workers Compensation
Employer Assessment Services:
- Functional Abilities Evaluations (FAE): Our WorkWell FAEs are a comprehensive and objective assessment of an individual’s work tolerance and ability to perform work-related tasks. We offer a 1 or 2 day FAE and can customize to meet unique requirements for a particular job function.We test and measure the injured/ill employee’s physical abilities relative to the physical demands of their job. This can be a valuable tool in Return to Work processes.
- Cognitive Abilities Evaluations (CAE): Measuring an injured/ill employee’s cognitive/mental capabilities relative to the mental demands of their job provides return to work guidance in safety sensitive positions or work environments with complex tasks. Cases involving employees with mental health conditions, acquired brain injuries, concussion or post-chemotherapy “fog” are examples of typical situations.
- Ergonomic Office Reviews: Our assessments of office work environments in comparison with ergonomic principles provide not only the suggested modifications or equipment, but also provide follow-up to ensure correct implementation. This helps prevent injuries and/or to support the employee to return to normal duties.
- Ergonomic Risk Evaluation, Training and Education: Our Occupational Therapists and certified Ergonomists assess complex work environments to determine risk levels typically in production/manufacturing environments and make recommendations to mitigate the identified Risks. Training and Education – related to ergonomic principles and injury prevention
- Physical & Cognitive Demands Analysis: Our Occupational Therapists assess a job’s physical and/or mental requirements. The PDA and CDA are utilized in job match during FAE and CAEs.
- Job Demand Analyses: We objectively quantify and evaluate the environmental conditions, the use of machines, equipment, tools, and work aids, as well as the physical, cognitive, psycho-emotional and behavioral demands of each task.Independent Medical Examinations: We provide assessment of injured/ill employee by a 3rd party physician or clinician specialist for the purposes of case management determinations.
- Work Site Assessments: Our therapists complete a comprehensive evaluation of a client’s workplace and detailed report outlining essential job duties, physical and social environment, ergonomic concerns and specific job demands.
Rehab & Disability Services:
- Clinical Rehabilitation: Our Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists deliver services at employer sites. Services include assessment and/or treatment programs of occupational and non-occupational but work aggravating conditions.
- Early Intervention Programs: When a workplace injury occurs, the employer contacts Bayshore to obtain an expedited assessment at a “partner” clinic. We monitor the work restrictions and treatment program for suitability and progress to achieve expedited return to function.
- Casual Absence Prevention: We provide support for employers who see pattern absences with employees (frequent doctors notes, accommodation requests etc.). Physician interventions could include doctor to doctor consultations or in person assessment of the employee. Recommendation for management of the pattern absence is provided to the employer.
- Cognitive Rehabilitation Programs: Our Occupational Therapists work with clients who have deficits identified following a CAE. Targeted rehab process to improve cognitive performance in the workplace are implemented.
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP™): The PGAP™ is an evidence-based treatment program targeting psychosocial barriers to recovery and rehabilitation for clients suffering from debilitating health or mental health conditions. It contributes to a successful return to work for individuals with back pain, whiplash, fibromyalgia, cancer, depression, and PTSD.
- Vocational Assessments: Our Vocational Evaluators complete a comprehensive assessment to identify employability and alternative job options consistent with a client’s aptitudes, interests, values, skills, education, training, work experience, physical, cognitive, psycho-emotional status and functional abilities. A transferable skills analysis may be included in addition to a labour market survey.
- Disability Case Support Services: Our disability case services include a home assessment of the employee’s function and identification of barriers preventing the employee returning to work. We also meet with treatment providers and develop a strategy for successful resolution, in collaboration with the employer and the union if involved.
Occupational Medicine & Preventative Services:
- Pre-employment Screening: We provide screening of physical function compared to bona fide job requirements at the time of conditional offer to hire. All protocols are customized to the job and could involve specific requirements including vision, hearing or relate to the heavy physical requirements of a given job.
- Onboarding Medicals: Having baseline testing when an employee joins your organization reduces your risk. This includes work environments where there are designated substances or hazards to which the employee may be exposed. We establish baselines and a periodic medical surveillance program is followed to specified protocols based on the work environment/industry
- Surveillance Medical Testing: We provide various testing including pulmonary function, hearing, vision screening, bloodwork, xrays, mask fit
- Mental Health Solutions: We have a comprehensive suite of preventative strategies including education, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) services. We also offer a technology platform which support participants across wide geography engaging in self care modules.
- Staffing: We offer Registered Nurse and Physician staffing on an ongoing or relief basis.
- Medical Director Programs: Our physicians can provide remote or in person support to your organization. We engage on a doctor to doctor basis with employee’s physician to break down return to work barriers.
Wellness & Lifestyle:
- Online health portal & HRA: We offer an on-line platform for wellness to support healthy lifestyle changes as well as serve as a platform for employee engagement. Our platform offers a Health Risk Assessment and features for mental and physical wellness tracking.
- Biometric Screening Clinics: Our nurses deliver high touch services including physical screening clinics for Blood Pressure, Diabetes and Heart Health Risks.
- Annual onsite wellness programs: We will work with your organization to develop a comprehensive program and annual plan for to address the wellness challenges and health promotion goals of your employees.
- Health promotion education: Our professionals offer lunch and learn type seminars crossing the areas of physical and mental health as well as financial wellness.
- Health Coaching: Our nurses provide follow up after biometric screening to support high risk individuals through goal directed health improvement.
- Vaccination programs: Immunization specific to the requirements of workplaces are delivered.
- Mental Health Wellness: Our organization specific program is customized and includes resiliency training, awareness education for employees and managers and interventions such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) services. Our digital platform provides modules which guides employees through improvement programs.