Therapy and Rehab provides comprehensive assessment and treatment services for automobile insurers, workplace insurers, and life and health insurers. Our customer service approach will ensure plan members are treated with utmost respect and prompt service.
Our services include:
- Assessment and Treatment:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Pathology
- Neuropsychology/Psychology – Our psychologists diagnose neuropsychological disorders as well as psychotic, neurotic and personality disorders and dysfunctions. They treat using a variety of approaches directed toward the maintenance and enhancement of physical, intellectual, emotional, social and interpersonal functioning.
- Rehabilitation Assistants – Under the direction and supervision of a regulated therapist may be utilized to implement treatment goals and provide a cost effective means of treatment.
- Disability Management – We assess the client’s function in the home setting and identify barriers preventing a return to work. We also meet with treatment providers and develop a strategy for successful resolution, in collaboration with the claimant, the insurer, the employer and the union.
- In Home Functional Assessments – We provide objective in home assessments to determine the client’s ability to function at home, in the community, and at work. Recommendations include equipment, strategies and treatment to increase function.
- Attendant/Personal Care Needs Assessments – Our Occupational Therapists complete a Form 1 with a detailed report outlining care needs (for Ontario MVAs).
- Vocational Assessments – Our Vocational Evaluators complete a comprehensive assessment to identify employability and alternative job options consistent with a client’s aptitudes, interests, values, skills, education, training, work experience, physical, cognitive, psycho-emotional status and functional abilities. A transferable skills analysis may be included in addition to a labour market survey.
- Functional Abilities Evaluations (FAEs) – Our WorkWell FAEs are a comprehensive and objective assessment of an individual’s work tolerance and ability to perform work-related tasks. We offer a 1 or 2 day FAE and can customize to meet unique requirements for a particular job function.
- Work Site Assessments – Our therapists complete a comprehensive evaluation of a client’s workplace and detailed report outlining essential job duties, physical and social environment, ergonomic concerns and specific job demands.
- Job Demands Analyses – We objectively quantify and evaluate the environmental conditions, the use of machines, equipment, tools, and work aids, as well as the physical, cognitive, psycho-emotional and behavioral demands of each task.
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP ™) – The PGAP ™ is an evidence-based treatment program targeting psychosocial barriers to recovery and rehabilitation for clients suffering from debilitating health or mental health conditions. It contributes to a successful return to work for individuals with back pain, whiplash, fibromyalgia, cancer, depression, and PTSD.
- Pain Program
- Independent Medical Evaluations – We provide expert unbiased and detailed medical assessments including treatment recommendations as requested.