Infusion Nurse - Greater Montreal, South Shore, QC
Division: Bayshore Specialty Rx
Job Type: Casual
Employment Status: Permanent
City: Greater Montreal, South Shore
Years of Experience: 2
Number of Positions: 4
- French is an asset
Contact Email: email@example.com
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Casual, flexible work, RN, Specialty Rx, Infusion, IV, Monday through Friday. All PPE and COVID enhanced safety protocols in place
Work areas: Greater Montreal, Montreal North, South Shore
Specialized Nursing role, in biotherapy administration and teaching, on the job paid training provided, requires at least 2 years of experience starting IV’s and drawing bloods.
Duties and Responsibilities
Being outside of the hospital setting, Bayshore is able to provide exceptional patient care by ensuring low nurse-to-patient ratios, as well as a safe and comfortable work environment for our nursing team. Nurses will enjoy working in local communities and our clinics Monday to Friday only, no weekends no nights. Flexible scheduling allows for choice of vacation independent and autonomous work with the support of our interdisciplinary team and clinical practice leaders.
In this role the clinic infusion nurse will be administering IV medications including biotherapy for the treatment of patients with multiple sclerosis, cancer, arthritis, and other conditions. Our nurses enjoy seeing the same patients and families for months and sometimes years, our clinics provide a clean and modern work environment allowing nurses to gain a specialty in infusion therapy and biotherapy. Certification and training are provided in an environment that promotes learning and continuous education. Support is available by clinical managers as well as colleagues in our network of clinics across the province. Our nurses also have the opportunity to work in the community providing in home injections, infusions or training for people and their families. Both adult and some pediatric populations are part of our circle of care. Our nurses may be trained to assist in clinical trial support, and other industry leading innovative care.
Nurses must be willing to travel in and around the Greater Montreal region and ready to learn and advance their career. No overtime, no problem with taking vacation to recharge and refresh!
- Experience in acute care and/or with administering specialty pharmaceuticals ;
- Experience with home care is an asset;
- Critical care (e.g., ER or ICU), infusion clinic, or oncology experience is preferred;
- Exceptional peripheral IV initiation skills;
- Experience with central lines (IVAD, PICC, etc.) is an asset;
- Graduated from an accredited nursing education program with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or equivalent;
- Current registration and in good standing with provincial nursing regulatory body
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification;
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is an asset.
- Exceptional client assessment skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to manage relationships with exceptional customer service;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations;
- Able to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team;
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks;
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to client care;
- Able to transcribe physician’s orders
- Valid drivers license.