Nurse Liaison - Montreal, QC
Job Type: Part-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Years of Experience: 3-5
Number of Positions: 1
Contact Email: email@example.com
Bayshore is an Equal Opportuity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for excellence to apply.
Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country's leading providers of home and community health care services and a Canadian-owned company. Its services are purchased by government care programs, insurance companies, workers' compensation boards, health care organizations, the corporate sector and the public. The Bayshore brand extends across four business divisions: Bayshore Home Health (medical and non-medical home care and staffing services), Bayshore Specialty Rx (specialty pharmacy, infusion and pharmaceutical patient support services), Bayshore Therapy & Rehab (physiotherapy and rehabilitation services) and Bayshore Dialysis (dialysis centers). The company's goal is to enhance the quality of life, well-being, dignity and independence of Canadians of all ages. Bayshore HealthCare has been a recipient of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
*This position is part-time (4 days per week) Monday-Thursday in Montreal*
25% of the time in this position will be spent as an Infusion Clinic Nurse, and 75% of the time directly assisting the neurologist in clinic with patient assessments as well as reimbursement investigations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrange and/or provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling and health teaching; report any unusual circumstances to the immediate supervisor.
- Develop and review nursing care plans that are individualized to each client.
- Provide care according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial regulating body; perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
- Observe and document client conditions according to Bayshore standards.
- Receive and transcribe physician’s orders.
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
- Gather all pertinent and appropriate information from the chart to complete the necessary forms (private and/or provincial insurance) in a concise, organized and professional manner.
- Liaise and advocate with insurance providers and provincial governments as necessary to determine coverage options.
- Keep detailed notes in the patient’s electronic chart
- Follow-up/advocate until a decision is received to secure coverage for the patient.
- Completes and/or reviews SA forms prior to submission to insurers
- Proactively offer financial assistance for patients.
- Act as a resource for program stakeholders, which include physicians, nurses, patients, program managers.
- Assist with data integrity/rounds as required.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Employee will maintain relevant level of knowledge of ICH (International Conference on Harmonization), GCP (Good Clinical Practice) and Health Canada GVP (Good Pharmocovigilance Practices) guidelines appropriate to their hired role which is to be provided at time of hire and annually. With this knowledge the employee will perform the work as required by their assigned function and will be provided with regular updates as required.
- Must be able to identify and report AE’s to health Canada, Med Info and enter into source system and third party systems
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns. Responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hours of the incident.
- Complete other tasks as requested
- Proven IV skills that include PIVs, CVADs and PICC lines.
- Evidence of current ACLS will be seen as an asset. If ACLS is not current it will be required to be completed within 6 months of start date.
- Experience with reading ECGs;
- Experience with administering chemotherapy and biotherapy products or willingness to learn more about oncology is important.
- Updated BLS is required.
- Experience with Canadian public and private reimbursement navigation and advocacy experience, within a patient program environment, ideally with PA/SA drugs for chronic diseases.
- Understanding of provincial and private coverage criteria
- Strong computer and software skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, CRM database entry, VOIP telephony, web portals, teleconferences, web-based meetings
- Ease with working independently, making decisions using sound judgment, critical thinking and meeting deadlines.
- Ease with working in a paperless environment.
- Familiarity with PIPEDA and how it applies in a confidential patient environment
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing and current registration with the provincial licensing body. The position also requires a solid knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of community nursing.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team; able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks; able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift 23 kilograms; able to assist clients with standing, walking and sitting if needed; able to read and interpret technical instructions related to client care; able to visually and auditorially observe and assess clients; evidence of current CPR certification; a valid driver’s license.
Caring for Seniors at Home
Home care is all about trust. We’ve been caring for Canadians for over 50 years.Learn More
Patient Assistance Programs
Patients needing specialty therapies benefit from extra support.Learn More
Insurer & Employer Services
Prevention strategies and disability management programs for a healthier workplaceLearn More