When a little help can make all the difference.
Whether we are stopping by for a chat to ensure you are safe and well or engaging in meaningful activities to create positive and enjoyable experiences, it is comforting to know that a friendly, professional companion can simply spend time with you.
What it is:
Bayshore’s Companionship services allow you to maintain a sense of independence and dignity while enabling you to stay safe in the familiar surroundings of your home. When choosing to age at home, companionship and social interaction are crucial to staying healthy.
Companionship is just as important as assisting with housekeeping, medication reminders and other needs that you may have. We know an incredible benefit that a little walk and a little talk can have, and Bayshore caregivers can be there for you when help is needed.
In addition to companionship services at home, Bayshore also provides one-on-one companionship and assistance during hospital or nursing home stays. Whether hospitalization is required due to an accident, sudden illness or scheduled medical procedure, a hospital stay can be stressful, frightening or even overwhelming for the patient or a loved one. Bayshore caregivers can help reduce stress and loneliness patients may experience during a hospital or nursing home stay by providing one-on-one companionship and assistance at the bedside.
Our in-home and in-hospital services include:
• Companionship and activities such as puzzles, games, and reading
• Escorted walks
• Assistance with personal care including showering, grooming, and dressing
• Feeding assistance
• Mobility assistance
• Respite care for family caregivers during the day, overnight or 24-hours
• Liaising with the patient/family and the hospital staff to help explain procedures and communicate concerns
• Regular updates to family members
Companionship services are best suited for:
- Seniors living independently in their own home
- Seniors whose families may live far away and are unable to visit regularly
- Patients in the hospital who need extra support
- Patients post-surgery who have returned home
- New moms who need a helping hand
By providing comfort and companionship, Bayshore can help reduce the stress and anxiety of a hospital stay. And when you are ready to return home, we can help make the transition from hospital to home safe and comfortable with in-home care services.
Bayshore Care Planner
Welcome to our Care Planner, an interactive tool that helps Canadians assess their own or a loved one’s home health care needs. By answering a few questions, this tool will create a customized care plan that recommends home care services, provides relevant resources and support.Let's Get Started
To get started, please tell us a bit about yourself.
Your Care Planner Results
You told us:
In the News
September 11, 2019
September 9, 2019
August 26, 2019
August 23, 2019
August 22, 2019
Call your mom
August 12, 2019
August 8, 2019
August 8, 2019
July 30, 2019
July 22, 2019